Hasselblad and studio shoot


Hasselblad H5D:








The digital Hasselblad worked really well for me in the studio, it was simple to use and tethered easily to the computer. For tethering you have to use a different software, called Phocus which has been specifically designed for the hasselblad.












Phocus:








It is very similar to CaptureOne, where you are able to choose where to save the photos, change exposures, and can view your photo on the screen after taking it. You can also take the photo at the computer so you dont have to touch the camera.




This is what the photo will look like when you have captured the image. You can see easily what's in focus by selecting what part you want and it will zoom in for you. You can see an orange button this is what you would press to capture a photograph, and in job info this is where you will change where the photos get saved.



Studio Shoot:




This still life shoot was done on the dark side of the studio using 4 studio lights one behind the backdrop making it brighter, on behind the camera shining straight on to the products and 2 at either side being able to be move to create different shadows. When shooting I focused on different parts of the products, like the lid of the perfume bottle and the logo of the goggles to get different shots, I also played around with shadows, whether I wanted two or just one, and where I would want it. We used a studio stand to support the camera, as it is more sturdy for the heavy camera, and is also easier to control the movements keeping the camera straight and being able to move it smoothly side to side.



These are the photos I took in the studio. You can see I struggled with the white balance at one point, and to improve upon this I could have used a grey card.


My final photos using the hasselblad camera:


To improve:



I would take more photos of different aspects of the bottle, and not focus on just the lid and the writing. I would try lighting the bottle from the back, and also close to it. I would also try different products, and experiment with more heights in my photos using platforms.